Now that the weather is warming up, we see a lot more people outdoors tending to their garden, going for a walk in the sunshine, playing a game of golf or even braving the not so warm ocean water for a swim.
While it is fantastic to see people moving, the sudden increase in activity can sometimes leave us feeling sore and stiff, as we rediscover muscles that have been in an almost ‘hibernation’ during the cooler months.
Below are a few stretches that can help loosen up those muscles for preparation and also recovery from the increased activity.
· Stand tall behind a chair or near a wall for balance.
· Lift your right heel towards your buttocks and take hold of your ankle with your right hand.
· Keeping your back straight, and knees aligned pull your right heel towards your buttocks, as close as you can manage without pain.
· Feel a stretch in the front of your thigh.
· Be careful not to arch your lower back.
· Hold stretch for 30seconds and repeat x 2 on each leg.
NOTE: If you cannot reach your heel to your buttocks, try placing your back foot on a chair instead and push your hips towards the wall to feel the stretch. (picture 2)
Want more exercises? Book an appointment with Patricia Zurutuza. Patricia can build you a program specifically for your needs which you can access directly on your mobile phone of tablet device.
Images of exercises sourced from simpleset software. https://simpleset.net
Other activity images from;
Website Introductory Offer $79
Happy to book your appointment online?
Receive our special offer (usually $115) when booking through this website.
(private health fund rebates apply)
*This offer is available for the initial appointment only. Standard fee for an initial Consultation is $115
21/20 Wellington Street
NARRABEEN NSW 2101
02 9913 7900
Beaches Osteopathic Centre Copyright © 2021.