At Beaches Osteopathic Centre we have a massage therapist specifically trained to offer connective tissue therapy in conjunction with our osteopathic methods.
Our Massage Therapist is also able to take patients wishing to have remedial massage in 20 minute and 40 minute appointments.
What is Remedial Massage?
Remedial massage is a therapeutic deep massage. Your practitioner uses skilled manipulation with in depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology to bring about pain relief, correcting and normalising the body’s muscles and soft tissues. Treatment employs massage techniques designed to treat both deep and superficial tissues.
Remedial massage can be used to treat:
- Chronic musculoskeletal imbalances;
- Muscle strains;
- Joint sprains;
- Adhesions left after injuries;
- Repetitive strain injuries;
- Specific injuries (whiplash falls sports injuries etc);
- Work-related problems; and
- Postural (structural) alignment problems – often from childhood or adolescence.
- Eliminates everyday stress tension or anxiety and improves general well-being;
- Provides soft-tissue release;
- Provides relief from injuries such as strains muscle soreness and general musculoskeletal pain;,
- increases circulation of blood and lymph to assist the body’s natural healing mechanism; and
- Increases range of movement in joints.